Pleasant Prairie's natural spring water lake offers relaxation and fun in all seasons
Located in Prairie Springs Park, surrounded by a 2.3 mile walking path, spring-fed Lake Andrea is part of the impressive athletic facilities at the Pleasant Prairie RecPlex. Open year-round to the public, it’s a fun spot for sports on the water. Whether it's ice fishing in the winter months or soaking up the sunshine during the summer; there's something for everyone at Lake Andrea!
- The beach at Lake Andrea opens in June each year, and the season lasts through Labor Day.
- Average Lake Andrea water temperature for 2018/2019: June = 70.67 deg; July = 80.34 deg; August = 78.77 deg
- The free public boat launch site is available year-round. Please note that motors larger than an electric trolling motor are not permitted on the lake. A DNR watercraft license is needed.
- Hourly canoe, kayak, and paddleboard rentals are available through Froggy’s Landing Boat Rentals during the summer season.
- To access the beach and windsurfing launches at picnic sites you must purchase a beach pass if you are not a RecPlex member. Be sure to check the RecPlex website for up-to-date information on RecPlex and Lake Andrea Beach passes.
- Open water swimming is available on select dates throughout the summer season.
- Indoor and outdoor event spaces are available for rent year-round.
- During the season, Lake Andrea beach and Froggy's Landing is open from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. on weekdays and 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on weekends, but may close early due to inclement weather or when the air temperature does not reach 70 degrees by 1 p.m. Be sure to visit the RecPlex website for up-to-date information on opening weekend and hours of operation as special events may affect opening or closing times. You may also contact the RecPlex front desk at 262-947-0437, or the beach line at 262-947-0704, for current status.