Pleasant Prairie's natural spring water lake offers relaxation and fun in all seasons.
Located in Prairie Springs Park, surrounded by a 2.3 mile walking path, spring-fed Lake Andrea is part of the impressive athletic facilities at the Pleasant Prairie RecPlex. Open year-round to the public from dusk to dawn, it’s a fun spot to visit year-round. Whether it's ice fishing in the winter months or soaking up the sunshine during the summer; there's something for everyone at Lake Andrea!
- The beach at Lake Andrea opens in June each year, and the season lasts through Labor Day.
- Hourly canoe, kayak, and paddleboard rentals are available through Froggy’s Landing Boat Rentals during the summer season.
- To access the beach and windsurfing launches at picnic sites you must purchase a beach pass if you are not a RecPlex member. Day beach passes are available for $8 per day, or season passes are $80 per family. Pleasant Prairie residents receive free entry with a valid ID. Rates are subject to change. Please check the RecPlex website for the most up-to-date beach pass pricing.
- During the season, Lake Andrea beach and Froggy's Landing hours of operation can be viewed here but may close early due to inclement weather or when the air temperature does not reach 70 degrees by Noon.
- Steps from the beach are indoor and outdoor event spaces available for rent year-round.
- Average Lake Andrea water temperature for 2018/2019: June = 70.67 deg; July = 80.34 deg; August = 78.77 deg
- The free public boat launch site is available year-round. Please note that motors larger than an electric trolling motor are not permitted on the lake. A DNR watercraft license is needed. Additional details about boating ordinances for this lake can be viewed here.
- Fishing is permitted with a fishing license. Details about fishing regulations and advisories for this lake can be viewed here.
- Open water swimming is available on select dates throughout the summer season.
- Be sure to visit the RecPlex website for up-to-date information on opening weekend and hours of operation as special events may affect opening or closing times. You may also contact the RecPlex front desk at 262-947-0437, or the beach line at 262-947-0704, for current status.