This past week was really something, wasn't it? Each day - some days, every hour - felt like the carpet was getting pulled under our feet. Yes, this week was tough, but our community continued to shine - regardless of how cloudy the forecast was. Within the past few days I've come across some of the most educational, fun, and inspiring messages across social media:
- Supporting local businesses (ordering out, purchasing art kits, buying gift cards, etc...).
- Dropping off donations to our first responders
- Making chalk art on sidewalks for people to enjoy while out on walks
- and many more!
So, let’s keep living up to our name and share all the GOOD in our community – we are, after all, Pleasant Prairie!
Every few days we will be checking in on our online community with what you have done or have seen in and around Pleasant Prairie that made you #FeelPrairieGood. Tag us @VisitPleasantPrairie, use the hashtag #FeelPrairieGood, or send us a message so that we can share local positively with our entire community! Follow our Facebook page and Instagram so that you are always in the loop of area happenings!
Need some ideas on how to #FeelPrairieGood? We've got some idea's below and will continue adding to the list as more ideas come to mind!
- Make a card or care package for someone in your neighborhood (I recommend placing in mailboxes, or taping a note to the front door). If you want to send it to someone outside of the area, you can rely on our local post office to get it there.
- Write a review on google, yelp, etc. of a local business.
- Offer to grocery shop for someone in need.
- Give the gift of something special from a local business to a friend or co-worker.
Finding ways to bring our community together, while maintaining social distancing, is what continues to make Pleasant Prairie one of the best places to live, work, and play! Just remember, there are brighter days ahead!